Mixed-mode, intensives and online study
Professional Training in Holistic Counselling & Psychotherapy
Our renowned Professional Training for Holistic Counselling and Psychotherapy Course is a PACFA accredited course.
This course is suited for post-graduate professional training, and offers the opportunity for anyone to qualify as a holistic counsellor or holistic psychotherapist.
Clear & Rewarding Professional Pathway: The Australian Government's Job Outlook service reports that job graduate prospects for counsellors are strong. "Employment for this occupation rose strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Counsellors to November 2020 is expected to grow very strongly."
Clear path to self improvement: A holistic approach embodies transformative change for the body, soul and spirit and develops self reflective awareness where inner change generates outer change.
Connection with a like-minded community: learning and growing with others in this course enables life-long connections and a welcomed embrace into a community of professionals committed to; life long learning, growth and contribution to holistic education and therapy.
Exceptional Techniques and skills: The techniques and skills you learn are ideal for everyday use and adaptable to a wide variety of applications.
Enriched understanding of the subtle relationship between yourself and your world: These insights will expand your perspective, ensuring your work will also help others to connect more deeply with themselves and their communities.
The training emphasises experiential learning. A foundational element of the training is the practice of inner work, which will support the development of your awareness and emotional intelligence. These inner conditions are necessary for your presence, and to develop confidence in your unique therapeutic way of being and offering in the world.
- Excel in your chosen field with confidence and ability
- Turn your passion into action through with tangible skills and pathways
- Learn to identify, articulate and respond to the need in your organisation, sector, community or the world
- Develop your awareness and emotional intelligence through inner work
More and more clients today are asking for an integrated holistic approach to matters of health and well-being. The Metavision graduate practitioner will be there to meet this emerging need.
- People wishing to gain an industry-accredited post graduate qualification in counselling and psychotherapy.
- Health professionals such as counsellors, psychologists, social workers, doctors, complementary medical therapists and nurses, who wish to expand and enrich their counselling and psychotherapy skills.
- Professionals including lawyers, educators, HR managers, business and community leaders, who need to extend their conflict management and interpersonal skills.
- Men and women seeking a career change and wishing to strengthen their self-awareness, leadership and people skills.
- Open to mature age students or young people (over 25) seeking to gain personal development, transformative knowledge and spiritual awareness.
The Holistic Counselling and Psychotherapy Course is taught via 12 modules over two years of full-time equivalent study. This involves a mix of on campus intensives and home study via e Learning and a peer learning or 'study buddy' arrangement.
- There are three on campus intensives each year, two of these are seven days and the last one is only three days.
- There is a seven day intensive at the start of each semester, during which the content for the three corresponding modules is covered, so six modules are covered over two semesters in the year.
- The final three day intensive recaps and reviews the years work and each students progress through the course.
- The course includes an extensive home study program, allowing for the homework to be done at your own pace.
- Assignments and grading take place via interacting with the online components for each module.
- The course requires approximately 16 hours of weekly commitment to adequately meet the study and assessment requirements.
This course has been developed from a unique combination of philosophies and practices that best unite a holistic understanding of human life. From the new sciences of the heart, brain and biology we explore the mind-body connection. We link this to our understanding of the subtle energies of the body, consciousness studies, and process-oriented psychology.
"What is within surrounds you" (RM Rilke)