- Teaching Staff
PhD, BA (Hon). Dip. Psychotherapy. Dip. Speech & Drama. Cert IV in Waldorf Education, Curative Education Training
Jane Gilmer obtained her doctorate in philosophy in 2000 from Murdoch University Western Australia.
- From 1980 to 1984 she trained in Anthroposophical Speech and Drama with Mechthild Harkness in Sydney Australia. She also trained as a Waldorf School teacher in 1979 and Curative Educator from 1977-1978.
- Jane has been a member of the Anthroposophical Society for thirty years and has been working with research since 2005 where she secured a grant for women’s theatre workshops.
- Since then Jane has been involved in Office Educational Research and Performance as Research.
- Jane has written a book The Alchemical Actor: Performing the “great” work; which is due for publication in December 2016.
- Jane recently (2015) left her position as assistant professor at the National Institute of Education in Singapore to focus on her passion for research in the areas of, Anthroposophical speech and drama, alchemy, psychoanalysis and Shakespeare as vehicles for actor training and personal transformation.